2. What are cookies?
We use the term “cookie” to refer to cookies and similar technologies that help collect information automatically.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other user equipment that accesses the internet.
Cookies are installed at the request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies live a pre-determined time, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access information on the hard drive of the user’s equipment on which they were installed.A cookie consists of two parts:
- cookie name; and
- cookie content or value.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again once a user returns to the webpage associated to the respective web server.
3. The purposes for using cookies on this webpage:
Cookies are used to provide the users of this webpage a better navigation experience and services adapted to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely to:
- improve the use of this webpage, including by identifying any errors that occur during its access/ usage by the users;
- provide anonymous statistics on how the webpage is used to SC. New Gaming Concepts MM SRL, as owner of the webpage;
- anticipate potential goods to be made available to the users by means of this webpage, depending on the services/ products accessed.
Based on the feedback given by the cookie in regard to the use of this webpage, SC. New Gaming Concepts MM SRL may adopt measures for this webpage to become more efficient and user-friendly.
- the language in which the webpage is viewed;
- the currency in which prices or fees are expressed;
- facilitating access to the user account;
- posting comments on the website.
4. What is the cookie’s lifetime?
The cookie’s lifetime may vary significantly, depending on the purpose it was placed for. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their life span:
- Session cookies - A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes down the browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookie - A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches its expiry date (which can be minutes, days, or years ahead) or until it is deleted by the user at any time by means of the browser settings.
5. What are third-party cookies?
Certain content sections on the webpage can be provided by third parties, i.e. not by SC. New Gaming Concepts MM SRL, in which case such cookies are called third party cookies.
Such cookies can come from the following third-parties: Google Analytics, Facebook.
6. What cookies are used on this webpage:
The following cookies may be placed by using/ visiting this webpage:
- Webpage performance cookies;
- User analysis cookies;
- Registration cookies;
a. Performance cookies
This type of cookies helps memorise the webpage user’s preferences, so as to make resetting them unnecessary on a subsequent visit of the webpage.
b. User analytics cookies
These cookies inform us if a particular user of the webpage has visited/used the page before. Such cookies are only used for statistical purposes.
c. Registration cookies
When you register to this website, cookies are generated to memorise the process. Servers then use these cookies to show us the account you are registered as. The use of such cookies also allows us to associate any comment posted on the webpage with the username. If the option “keep me registered” was not selected, such cookies will delete automatically on closing the navigation session.
7. What type of information is stored and accessed by the cookies?
Cookies preserve information in a small text file that enable browser recognition. This webpage recognises the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
8. Customising browser settings for cookies
9. How can cookies be stopped?
Deactivation and refusal of cookies can make this webpage difficult to view, and can trigger limitations in its use.
The users can configure the browser to reject cookie files or to accept cookies from a given webpage.
All the modern browsers give the possibility to change the cookie settings. The settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” section or in the “preferences” menu of your browser.
To understand these things, the following links may be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari